Carrot Cake CupCakes



With Easter right around the corner I decided to make some
cupcakes, I usually make carrot cake, but decided to make
 them as cupcakes this year. And I must say I kind of 
like them better this way because you get your own 
individual portion without cutting yourself a bigger piece 
then anyone else. lol
Enjoy

* Click on image for larger picture *

Ingredients

For the cupcakes

    3 large carrots, shredded
    1 cup flour
    2 eggs, whisked
    ¼ cup vegetable oil
    1 tablespoon honey
    1 tablespoon cinnamon
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 teaspoon nutmeg
    ½ teaspoon ginger
    ¼ teaspoon cloves
    ½ teaspoon baking soda
    ½ teaspoon baking powder
    pinch of salt
    ¼ cup raisins

For the frosting:


1pkg.  (8 oz.)  Cream Cheese, softened
1/4 cup  butter or margarine, softened
1tsp.  vanilla
1pkg.  (16 oz.) powdered sugar (about 4 cups), sifted



Directions


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Shred your carrots in your food processor with the
shredding attachment or use a grater. 
Add all the carrot cupcake ingredients to a large bowl 
and mix thoroughly to combine.

Place cupcake ingredients into a muffin tin 
lined with paper liners or grease tins. 
Should fill 10-12 muffins.
Bake for 18-20 minutes


For the frosting:

 Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla in large bowl 
with mixer until well blended.
Add sugar gradually, beating after each addition

 until well blended. 

( You can add food coloring if you like, like I did)


Once your cupcakes are done baking, 
let cool COMPLETELY,
cut in half and place frosting between the two
halves and on top of your cupcake. 
Add any decorations you may want.


Comments

  1. Stopping by from Mop It Up Monday. Thanks for sharing! http://queenofsavings.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How yummy. Love cupcakes and carrot cake. This is the perfect combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound fabulous! I don't like cupcakes usually but carrot cake is my weakness....the ingredients sound great. I may have to give in and make these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so yummy! I love your blog! Stopping by and following from Made in a Day Social. Look forward to reading more. Have a wonderful day!

    Kathy
    www.lifeonlakeshoredrive.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so delicious! I just love carrot cake and so do my children. :-) Please stop by and link it up with my "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." I'd love to have you join us! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of carrot cake cupcakes and the double frosting is perfect! YUM! Thanks for sharing at Time To Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a great carrot cake. This looks fabulous! I normally don't put any type of frosting on mines, but I might have to reconsider this. Visiting form http://makeitorfixit.com. Stop by when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts