Bruessel Sprouts and Bacon Gratin






Well, I  never thought I would be posting a recipe 
about Brussel Sprouts,  my son really likes them, me... 
not so much, until I made these. 
I liked them so much I even had seconds, yup seconds, 
thats how good they are. If your like me and never really
liked them or never tried them before, 
or better yet, if you do like them, you have 
to try this recipe!
If ya do, let me know what you think of it.




* Click on image for larger picture *



8 servings prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 45 minutes
total time: 1 hour 20 minutes


INGREDIENTS:

For the Brussels Sprouts:

2 pounds Brussels sprouts
6 ounces bacon, cut into ¼-inch dice
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
¾ teaspoon salt
Fresh ground pepper
1 cup + 2 tablespoons heavy cream

For the Topping:

1 cup plain bread crumbs
6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground pepper


DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and adjust oven rack to high position.
Remove the outer leaf layers of the Brussels sprouts,
slice off the stem ends, and then halve them lengthwise.

2. In a medium bowl, toss together the Brussels sprouts,
bacon, melted butter, salt and pepper.
Arrange in a single layer in a 9x13-inch baking dish.
Bake for 25 minutes, stirring twice during cooking.

3. Meanwhile, toss together all of the ingredients for
the topping in a small bowl; set aside.

4. Remove the pan from the oven and pour the cream over top of
the Brussels sprouts; use a spoon to toss together, ensuring all of the
sprouts are coated in cream. Arrange them again in a single layer in
the pan. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the top of the
Brussels sprouts. Return to the oven for an additional 15-20 minutes,
until the cream is bubbling and the topping is golden brown.
Let rest for 15 minutes before serving.


Comments

  1. Congrats! I just nominated your blog for the Liebster Award :) Love brussel sprouts BTW :)

    http://loriannsfoodandfam.blogspot.com/2012/12/liebster-award-part-ii.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lori Ann.
    I kinda like them now.. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts